SAMOBOR MUSIC FESTIVAL
6th INTERNATIONAL COMPOSERS COMPETITION "New Note" CROATIA 2017.
Total value of prizes: 4000 €
Deadline for entries: June 4th 2017.
- 1. The competition is open to composers of all ages and nationalities
- 2. More than one score per composer is permitted
- 3. All submitted works must have been composed after December 31st 2010 and not awarded a prize in any other competition
- 4. It is possible to submit works previously performed, but not already published or professionally recorded for commercial use.
- 1. Composition for ZAGREB SOLOISTS (www.zagrebacki-solisti.com/en)
- 2. Use of tape or live electronics is not permitted
- 3. Orchestration: 6 violins, 2 violas, 2 cellos, 1 contrabass
- 4. Duration: Up to 15 minutes
The First Prize – 2500€ (bruto-includingtaxes) and the concert performance by ZAGREB SOLOISTS on Samobor Music Festival – October7th 2017.
The Second Prize – 1000 € (bruto-including taxes)
The Third Prize – 500 € (bruto-including taxes)
- SRETEN KRSTIĆ
Zagreb Soloists concert master, violinist (Germany/Serbia - Zagreb Soloists), partner of International Composers Competition „New Note”
- NIKŠA GLIGO
- FRANK CORCORAN
- SREĆKO BRADIĆ
composer and Artistic Director
THE PRIZE WINNERS' CONCERT
- 1. The winning composition will be performed on October 7th 2017 by Zagreb Soloists organized during Samobor Music Festival.
- 2. The composer of the winning work must provide all the performance materials (parts) at his/her own expense and send them to the Samobor Music Festival by of June 30th 2017.
- 3. The winner of the Award will be announced after June 20th 2017.
- 4. Entrants agree that, if the submitted work wins the award, all future performances of the work will be accompanied by the following statement in the printed program: "Winner of the New Note International Composers Competition Croatia 2017". The same applies for all future published editions and/or recordings of the work.
- 5. A copy of the finalist scores will be filed in the Samobor Music Festival records.
ENTRIESEntries by email only!!!
The following items are required:
- · The subject line should be “Submission – NEW NOTE – your name
Attach all files below to your email:
- · Score (PDF format) – with title “duration” and “nom de plume”, but your name must NOT appear on the score!
- · Audio realization (only MP3-higly recomended)
- · CV: “nom de plume”, full name, address, date and place of birth, e-mail address, phone number
- · biography suitable for a concert program, photo, a brief text about composition
- · If text is in a foreign language, an English translation is required
- · information about a lyricist you have collaborated with (if).
If you receive email bounce backs due to large file sizes, you may break items into separate emails. Suggested size is up to 10 MB.
Send your email submission to the following mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the Application Form & all materials is 12:00 PM on June 4th 2017.
1. The Entry fee for participants is 50 € for each score (bank charges covered by the sender).